[vet-mm] stock photos and video

Tinkler, Jacquie J tinkler.jacquie.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 14 13:45:35 EST 2006

DE&T are already doing this in a fashion:

http://www.thelearningfederation.edu.au/tlf2/showMe.asp?nodeID=715

They are producing a series of curriculum related digital resources for
teachers to use, so although probably more relevant for particular
subject areas as opposed to Multimedia use, they may be of interest.
They include pictures, maps, videos, etc

Security is the pain when it comes to accessing images and videos at
school - http://pics4learning.com/ is a "safe" one that was recommended
to me (but I haven't checked it out yet...)

I do collect the CDs of stock images from computer graphics magazines
and offer these to students as times, although having said that I might
go and read the fine print about sharing their use!!! And of course
flickr.com is very cool but not available on the school network! :(

Anyway, hope this helps...

Jacquie Tinkler
eLearning Coordinator
Wangaratta High School