[vet-mm] re: Youthcentral eZine - Looking for interested groups

Matt Ward ezine at youthcentral.vic.gov.au
Thu Aug 3 08:05:06 EST 2006

Hi All,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Matt Ward and I work for the Dept for
Victorian Communities at Youthcentral. Youthcentral is a web portal aimed at
providing relevant and up-to-date information to young Victorians in
relation to their schooling, travel, health & career options whilst keeping
them abreast with what is happening in their local community.

For those of you who haven't heard of Youthcentral, you can access the site
at www.youthcentral.vic.gov.au

Another aspect of the Youthcentral website is Youth Participation. We have a
number of young people involved who contribute articles and other content to
the site on a regular basis. The reason I am writing this is to introduce
you to the Youthcentral eZines. As most of you are already multimedia guru's
I am sure you are not unfamiliar about the term Zine or eZine. It is
basically an online magazine.

Over the last year we have developed an eZine project pack that we have sent
out to various schools and community organizations. Groups that have become
involved include Victoria University Multimedia Dept of Multimedia, Fitzroy
Learning Network and a variety of other community based organizations.

I invite you to take a look at the current eZines showcased online at our
e-Zine vault at Youthcentral.
Click --> Get Involved --> Ezines

It is an excellent opportunity to showcase your students work (whatever it
may involve) on the web for a large audience to see. It also gives the
students/school the opportunity to showcase the skills they have learnt. We
provide you with a wide range of tools that will help complete your eZine as
well as assigning you group a mentor, who will assist you with any issues
you may be having. Rest assured, we remain in contact with you throughout
the entire process.

We are currently seeking new groups to apply to take part and develop their
own eZine on the web!!

If you would like to become involved or would like to know more information
about the Youthcentral eZines, please don't hesitate to contact me at
ezine at youthcentral.vic.gov.au or phone me on 0421 959 693.

Look forward to hearing from some of you soon,
Regards,

Matt Ward
Ezine Co-ordinator
youthcentral Website Initiative