[vet-mm] Teacher input requested for Masters thesis at RMIT

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Fri May 6 21:23:36 EST 2005

Hi folks,

 Please excuse cross posts.

 This message comes to me via the VCAA and I hope you have a minute to give it your consideration.
I think it is a commendable pursuit and research project especially for the fact that the findings will be circulated to all
major educational publishing houses around Australia. At least you can feel that your opinion and input will be included in the findings.

Fleur Goding is a communications & IT masters student at RMIT University.
Her thesis is challenging the way in which educational resources are
currently published (i.e. the textbook). From preliminary research, Fleur
has identified a groundswell of opinion among teachers that publishers don't
make it easy to customise content for delivery to students. Textbooks are
static, and 'bonus' CD-ROMs and websites are rarely used.

The thesis hypothesises that: By providing a secure web-based tool that
would allow teachers to shape ALL learning resources, publishers would be
more in tune with teachers' needs. Publishers would then be 'content'
providers, not just 'textbook' providers.

This survey aims to anonymously collect data and opinions from teachers
about this topic. It will answer the question: What do teachers need from
educational publishers? This data will be analysed and synthesised into
thesis format. The thesis, once approved by an academic supervisor, will be
circulated to all major educational publishing houses in Australia.

 The survey which should only take a few minutes of your time can be completed online at
 http://www.purrcommunications.com/teacher/

If you are interested in discussing this research, you can email Fleur at
fleurg at purrcommunications.com

Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au