[vet-mm] 3in6 Student Advice Sheet available

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Sun May 1 14:51:39 EST 2005

Hi Everyone - here is the latest "3in6 Video Competition" update.

1/ One of my students was worrying about putting together a team of
fellow students to enter 3in6 this year. He asked me how he should go
about it, and on reflection I realised that it is really a complex and
challenging process. As I worked on a detailed answer for him, I found a
great little book on achieving excellence, read it a few times and felt
that this was perhaps a great opportunity to teach leadership - when he
felt the need for it.
Anyway, I was away on a 10 day holiday at the beach so had plenty of
free thinking time and came up with many pages of scribbled notes.
The end result is available for others to point their own students
towards, and is now on the 3in6-2005 website at:

http://3in6.openlab.net.au/resources/2005/3in6-2005-advice-for-students.doc

2/ If you are in any way interested in getting a team together for this
year's competition (note it can be animation as well as video) please
let me know. I will add your school to the website's list of interested
schools. Through this you will see who belongs to our community of
'student-video-ers'. The many questions about video cameras and video
editing software suggests that this number is rapidly increasing! There
is no commitment to actually entering a registered team, but it
certainly is a move in that direction.

Ciao, Keith.
Keith Richardson
Leibler Yavneh College