[vet-mm] [OT]: VET Trainers and Teachers Network Meeting

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Wed Mar 30 14:19:07 EST 2005

Good afternoon everyone and apologies for any cross-postings

We have changed the date of the Teacher Network Meetings to a Tuesday to accommodate teachers who have VET classes on Wednesday afternoons, especially those in VET clusters.

The sessions will now run regularly on Tuesday afternoons, generally at monthly intervals, 4:30 PM - 7 PM. We won't be changing this scenario as it will be impossible to run them at a suitable time for everyone.

The first session will run on Tuesday 26 April from 4.30 - 7.00.  The cost for attendance is $20 per person. Please confirm attendance for catering reasons - but please send e-mails to me at abarnes at aiet.com.au as opposed to sending replies back to the mailing list. The venue for the first meeting is A.I.E.T., 517 Victoria Street, Brunswick West.

WORKSHOP 1 - AGENDA

This workshop, the first offered as part of AIET’s Trainers & Assessors Network, will focus on the following unit:

(TAAENV403A) Ensure a healthy and safe learning environment

This unit specifies the competency required to ensure the health, safety and welfare of learners and candidates.

The session will focus on:

             Introduction to OHS in context of learning and assessment
             Hazard identification
             Risk assessment
             Risk controls/management
             Risk monitoring
             Assessment for this unit.

The session will commence at 4.30 pm and conclude at 7.00 pm.  Photocopied material will be given out; some light refreshments (to stave off the hunger pains) will be served; coffee and tea will be available.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO
Australian Institute of Education and Training
Phone: (03) 9387 2051
FAX:    (03) 9387 3470
Mobile: 0409 428 221
E-mail: abarnes at aiet.com.au