[vet-mm] School Summary of Webstyle Guide available soon.

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 29 12:07:13 EST 2005

Please excuse cross-lists.
This is to announce the planned electronic publishing of 'Quotes from
www.webstyleguide.com' to make it available to all students and teachers
concerned with publishing web solutions to information problems.

I am sending this to the following lists to reach any teachers that may
require or find useful a 57 page summary I have made for my students of
Patric Lynch and Sarah Horton (Yale University)'s "webstyleguide.com".
(Multi-media, IS, IP&M, Yr 9&10it).

I will forward the 669Kb Word file to Kevork to make it all available to
everyone. (in anticipation, thankyou Kevork.)

Reading it in depth and summarizing it took me around 36 hours.
Fortunately, the original author has granted us permission to publish
this summary electronically. Every page is linked via URL back to the
original where Patrick had included many examples and additional detail.
In every spot where I have removed material, this is shown with the
triple-period sign ("..."). It is formatted to print out, but may be
used electronically in Word because from here the coloured illustrations
show well, and the hyperlinks will work directly.

Here is the text of Patrick's permission letter:
Many thanks Pat and Sarah.
I will send you the URL that we put it on for Victorian (aus) IT
teachers.
Warm regards, Keith

Keith Richardson
Leibler Yavneh College