[vet-mm] RE: Supplementary advice for VCE VET Multimedia

Rachelle McLean rlmclean at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 28 16:12:17 EST 2005

You have raised a good point though Marylou about us all being vigilant in getting answers from VCAA.

When I spoke to Susan she was interested in any other conflicts we might find between the supplementary info and any other advice issued by them.

Another glaring example I have found is that the 2004 sample exam says that the exam will not include 'writing information to disk', whereas the supplementary info rates the workplace focus as 'Medium' that we should teach I/O operations from files and writing to files or databases.  It is only listed as a medium but I could find many examples of questions on the exams that have been rated as a medium.

If there are any other contradictions that anyone finds, you can email me on rmclean at haileybury.vic.edu.au and I'll take it up with VCAA or you can contact VCAA directly.  VCAA are hoping to release clarification on a few issues in term 2.

Cheers,

Rachelle