[vet-mm] ACMI Game Loading - early Term 3

Vincent Trundle vtrundle at acmi.net.au
Wed Jun 22 17:54:30 EST 2005

Hello All
Just to let you know that early Term 2 is the next Game Loading Forum - with 2 excellent and relevant presenters.

Tuesday 26 July 11.00am - 12.45pm
$8 local $6 regional

I think that this Game Loading will be terrific for your students in terms of art creation, greater programming, looking at the big picture and things to work on now for the future. I would imagine that some of your students are already doing their own 'mods' and would learn a lot from the first speaker.

Damian Scott has been modding videogames for over 7 years (building new versions of games by altering the parts), teaches and advises in tertiary game education and is a film maker. Ability at modding is a respected qualification in the industry. Damian's experience is great as is his ability to appeal to a young audiences.

Cheryl Kiraly is also vibrant and very good at holding young audiences attention. She is finishing her second year learning programming at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment this year (yes a 'she' programmer). She is co-creator of the game Roach Rage (runner up AGDC best Indy game) which she will present the workings of up on the big screen.

For this event detail see: http://www.acmi.net.au/D4E1A5BEA11F4460898FFF8074833C9D.jsp

Group bookings: Sarah 8663 2441

Also, if your students and you are interested the ACMI Games Lab has just opened with the 'Sonic - Icon of our times' playable game show that examines and celebrates 14 years of Sonic the hedgehog.

Wishing you an enjoyable break

Vincent Trundle
Screen Education
Australian Centre for the Moving Image
Federation Square
Melbourne Australia

This communication contains information which is confidential and the copyright of the Australian Centre for the Moving Image.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not be the views of the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, unless specifically stated.