[vet-it] elearning standards

Kevork KROZIAN kkrozian at ringwoodsc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 16 11:16:43 EST 2013

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the cross posts.

I have been required to complete a survey regarding VET and elearning.
There has been reference to eight nationally endorsed VET E-standards for training http://e-standards.flexiblelearning.net.au/documents/2013-recommended-vet-estandards.docx .
It makes for interesting reading especially the reference to HTML5:

"Unfortunately HTML5 is not recommended at this time for use in development of content intended for widespread use in the VET sector because of inconsistent implementation by browser developers. Please see the E-standards for Training 2011 HTML5 Research report (Opens in new window)<http://e-standards.flexiblelearning.net.au/documents/2011-html5-research.doc>. If you choose to use HTML5 functionality you should provide a fall back mechanism for browsers not supporting that functionality."

The home page http://e-standards.flexiblelearning.net.au/technical_standards/index.php  would be a valuable reference also.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
IT Pathways Manager
Ringwood Trade Training Facility
Tel: 0419 356 034

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Ringwood Secondary College.