[VCE Maths] Further Maths and CAS

Steve Swenser swenser.steven.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 2 13:00:29 EST 2006

Heidi,

We're using TI-89 Titanium calculators in all of our Year 11 courses. Next
year the teaching of all of our VCE maths subjects will be supported by this
calculator.

We are using the Essential textbooks because, at the end of last year, they
were the only series that offered support for the TI-89 in every course.
Your choice is greater.

We find that the CAS calculators help our Year 11 General Maths students.
They enable them to work through difficult problems without becoming bogged
down by arithmetic errors. In turn, this gives students greater confidence
to persevere with difficult problems.

Steve Swenser
Ashwood College

Important -
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education & Training..