[Textiles and Technology] FREE webinar - The Benefits of Cloud-Based CAD - Onshape for Educators

Laura Murphy pl at datta.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 9 23:58:23 UTC 2022

[cid:802428c1-6ec4-44c2-94da-b58c83435c02]<https://www.andacod.com>

DATTA Vic members are invited to join a FREE webinar on the ‘Benefits of cloud-based CAD - Onshape for Educators’ hosted by andacod.com<http://andacod.com/>.  It's taking place on the the 7th December, 2022 from 1:00 til 1:45pm AEST. Your will be able to join Andrew Nicholls from the 'Compendium of Design' and the Onshape team at LEAP Australia to discuss how the benefits of using cloud-native CAD apply to educators in secondary schools, VETis/TAFE and universities. During the webinar they will explore the reasons why educators worldwide are embracing cloud-native CAD to help teach modern product design and to help collaboration within student teams including:

  *   Zero IT Overhead: no downloads, no installs, no licensing issues – Onshape can be up and running for your entire class in minutes.
  *   Student collaboration: working together in the same document, no file checkout or version conflicts. Onshape has been described as “like Google Docs for CAD”.
  *   Easy to teach & learn: incredibly easy for teachers to get their students up and running, it records every change made and lets you access models from any device, anywhere.
  *   Usage insights: in-built class management and real-time analytics give teachers insights into student activity.

To register and for further details, visit https://www.andacod.com<https://www.andacod.com/>.

About andacod
Andrew Nicholls Design & Associates ‘Compendium of Design’ (andacod) is a collaborative website whose aim is to bring together students, teachers, designers and businesses of Design & Technologies, STEAM and Visual Communication. Through collegiate sharing and the development of a site of knowledge, the compendium provides a universal repository of practice, common language, and value of design including its applied technologies, industrial arts and artisan skills.

About LEAP Australia
LEAP Australia have a long established reputation for successfully delivering Computer Aided Engineering CAE software and services to thousands of Australian and New Zealand customers – from global leaders to small local companies. Their team of highly qualified and experienced engineers provide support, training, advice and customisation in their area of expertise, such as CAD, CAM, Simulation and Product Development tools such as IoT and Augmented Reality (AR).

The team at LEAP Australia assist local companies to implement product development technologies that reduce costs, improve quality and increase productivity.  LEAP has the team, tools and experience to solve problems that no-one else can.

They proudly represent world leading engineering technology companies providing solutions across the entire product development lifecycle including ANSYS, PTC, nCode, LSTC and many more.

[cid:6df10833-50c7-4b2a-990e-2f8a3629d8cc]

Laura Murphy

Executive Education Officer

DATTA Vic

Abbotsford Convent

Room C1.22

Convent Building

1 St Heliers Street

Abbotsford VIC 3067

Phone: 03 9349 5809

Email: pl at datta.vic.edu.au<mailto:pl at datta.vic.edu.au>

Web: www.datta.vic.edu.au<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.datta.vic.edu.au%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cbrooks.christopher.c%40edumail.vic.gov.au%7Ca8f192e2f5fa4e68c03708d7b5bfd154%7Cd96cb3371a8744cfb69b3cec334a4c1f%7C0%7C0%7C637177707795027466&sdata=%2FSHY558TquTnHX0X6b%2BBwSec4dXA8jD0RVRyc35GJOQ%3D&reserved=0>

Note I work Monday - Thursday. The DATTA Vic office is closed on Fridays.

I acknowledge the Wurundjeri Woi Wurung people of the Kulin Nation, the traditional custodians of the land on which I live and work.  I pay my respect to their Elders, both past and present.

DATTA Vic works with schools throughout the state, and we also pay respect to  Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the wider Victorian community and beyond. Indigenous sovereignty has never been ceded.