[Textiles and Technology] And the winners of So You Think You Can Design - Textiles are.....

DATTA VIC pl at datta.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 8 12:41:33 AEDT 2015

View this email in your browser (http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7ed735b6928a1ab8d30e6f12a&id=1e07378794&e=72c5bdb1d3)

** Announcing the 2015 Winners of  So You Think You Can Design - Textiles

After round one of SYTYCD - Textiles took place in schools throughout Victoria, students from Emmaus College, Salesian College and Genazzano FCJ made it through to the finals!  These were held at the DATTA Vic Makerspace conference on the 3rd of December.  These talented students are pictured above with competition sponsors Bernina Australia (http://vic.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7ed735b6928a1ab8d30e6f12a&id=b2ca62cde9&e=72c5bdb1d3) and Tools for Schools (http://vic.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7ed735b6928a1ab8d30e6f12a&id=5fe97453d1&e=72c5bdb1d3) .

DATTA Vic are delighted to announce the winners of So You Think You Can Design - Textiles! Congratulations to Olivia Peters and Phillippa Piri of Genazzano FCJ College!  Here they are receiving their prize - an Overlocker  each - from Cathy Sofarnos of Bernina Australia

Sarah Robinson and May Crotty from Salesian College, Rupertswood won second prize, and right behind them, with only 2 points' difference were Madeleine Rosenbrock and Rachel Whitting from Emmaus College.

SYTYCD is a great way to engage your students in the Product Design Process in a fun, hands-on way. We run 2 competitions a year - one for Wood, Metal & Plastics students at our May conference, and one for textiles students in December.  Taking part will communicate the importance of the learning area to your school community,and give teachers new ideas and approaches to teaching and learning. Registrations will open again for SYTYCD in the new year - don't miss it!

Visit our SYTYCD website page (http://vic.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7ed735b6928a1ab8d30e6f12a&id=4185b5def3&e=72c5bdb1d3)  for information and resources.

Thanks to our generous sponsors for all your help and support with this project;

Copyright © 2015 DATTA Vic, All rights reserved.
 Admin

Our mailing address is:
DATTA Vic
150 Palmerston Street, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Carlton, VIC 3053
Australia
** unsubscribe from this list (http://vic.us6.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=7ed735b6928a1ab8d30e6f12a&id=de46967353&e=72c5bdb1d3&c=1e07378794)
 Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp