[Textiles and Technology] ICT Question for Textile

Davone Pope admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Tue Apr 29 13:44:12 EST 2014

From

  From: Jarrod Carter <jcarter at mercy.vic.edu.au>
  Date: April 23, 2014 at 3:32:20 PM GMT+10
  To: "pl at datta.vic.edu.au" <pl at datta.vic.edu.au>
  Subject: ICT Question for Textile

  Hi Sarah,

  As discussed I'm a first year teacher (and member).  I have a question that I'm hoping an experienced Product Design Teacher or Association member could help me with.

  I teach a Year 12 Product Design & Technology class.  I have 7 student studying wood and one student studying textiles.  I am implementing ICT's into their Folio stage.  The Wood students are using CAD and a little photoshop for the advanced students.  I have been working with the Textiles student to get her to use Photoshop in her folio to meet her ICT requirements.  She is reluctant to use the software because no previous years have used the software and a bigger school down the road do not use ICT's in Textiles.

  I was hoping the Association could link me up with a teacher from a school that has successfully implemented ICT's into the Textiles program.  I'm happy to learn new software.  I believe my biggest problem with this student is the fact that her friends at the other school are not implementing ICT's despite no evidence that this school is actually running a good program.  I would like to find a school that does have a good program that we could both learn from.

  Any help would be much appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Jarrod Carter
  Mercy Regional College - Camperdown