[Technical] Young ICT Explorers Schools Technology Event in VIC, NSW, Qld

Joy, Travis travis.joy at sap.com
Wed Jun 5 16:38:35 EST 2013

Hi my name is Travis Joy. I am the Event Manager for Young ICT Explorers (YICTE), A Schools Technology Competition for Students in years 4 - 12 in Vic, NSW and Qld. http://youngictexplorers.net.au/cms/

YITCE is a free Schools competition where students in years 4 - 12 enter an Information Communication Technology project of their choice, It can be anything you have been working with them on in the class room or outside of it. So long as it involves some form of Technology we leave the ideas up to their imaginations. To be judged in August by leading industry Professionals and Academia in the field, to help recognise and encourage talent with the chance to win some great prizes for their efforts.

The aim of this competition is to help inspire creativity and enhance ICT interaction by trying to highlight the wonderful things being explored in classrooms here in Australia.

The competition has been successfully held in Queensland since 2010 and we Launched in NSW last year.  This year will be the inaugural event for the Victoria competition and we would like to see as many schools and students participate in the Competition as possible.

Please follow the link for a video of last year's events: http://bit.ly/17AyfAU

Registrations of interest for Schools close this Friday the 7th of June.

Project Document Submissions are in July.

If you would like to know anything further about the events please visit the website or you can contact me anytime.

Your Sincerely,

Travis Joy
Event Manager
Young ICT Explorers