[Technical] How do you store your users data?

Alan Oh OH.A at wcc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 15:18:58 EST 2008

Hi Paul. Have you considered NAS boxes? A very cheap way is to use
FreeNAS (free linux software) and build a Raid 5 system with 1Gb network
card on a normal system.. www.freenas.org

I set one up with 4 1Tb SATA2 hard drives configured as RAID 5 used for
simple AV streaming of our library's collection of recorded clips.

Just a thought.

Regards

Alan Oh
Waverley Christian College