[Technical] Types of printers you use in your K-6 classrooms?

Paul Williamson paulw at huntingtower.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 20 14:11:29 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to decide on new printers for our Junior School.

To date we have had a colour bubble jet printer in each classroom for
these reasons:
- Students can remain supervised while colleting print jobs
- Cheap to purchase (but possibly not so in the long run)

These are just usb printers, shared from an XP Pro client machine
(introducing some more unreliability).

Now we have more computers in each classroom than before (so we are
exceeding the limit of 10 connections into XP in some cases), and where
we have tried using usb to network print boxes, these have also proven
unreliable.

So my thinking was to go with networked laser printers but shared
between a few classrooms - specifically Fuji Xerox C2100 or Lexmark C510
(we have an old one we could allocate).

I'm interested in how you setup your Junior class rooms and which
printers you use, and how often you have problems?

Many thanks,

Paul Williamson
Huntingtower School
Mt Waverley, Victoria