[Technical] Re: Ienovo R61 and home wireless connections

Kevin Feely feely.kevin.k at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Aug 5 22:15:28 EST 2008

Hi wayne,
It, I think, is not the ibm but vista. to enable wireless is a bit (?)
convoluted in vista cf xp especially if it is secured.
Also find out the admin password and logon as the administrator, and
give your user admin level security, ( i get really annoyed when i dont
have access to all areas of my own notebook - some locked sections may
need a bit of work to free up) then apply read/write access to the whole
of c drive for all users. Also i would change the admin password to suit
you.
VISTA applies a security approach that the highest level of security
takes precedence. So if you allow access to the part of the drive, vista
will overide this as by default it has restrictions at the top of the
drive(s)
regards
kev