[Technical] Disable Moving start menu of the side.

Greg Neil (Mr) greg at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Wed Apr 23 19:46:27 EST 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q292/5/04.asp&NoWebContent=1

Lists most of the relevant policies. You can stop users changing the properties (third up from the bottom of the list), although it may not stop them dragging the task bar around the screen. Not something I have tested. That said, we do lock down most of the desktop features for casual desktop users, and I cannot recall the taskbar ever being moved on one of these desktops. So maybe it works, or maybe no-one has bothered to try.

See how you go.