[Technical] Help Please with Animation Output Format

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed May 24 11:16:22 EST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 10:46:44PM +1000, Zach Alexakos wrote:
   Con,
   We offer Blender at our school.  The students were quite impressed by
   its capabilities and initially blown away by what seemed to be its
   complexities but after some practice they managed ok.
   We are currently seeking funding from ASISTM for a two year Blender
   Project with Deakin Uni, Industry and several other Victorian
   schools.
   Last year at the VITTA Conference I presented a short one hour session
   only (I had no choice), and the interest was significant.  Teachers
   wanted more so this year I am offering a two hour session on Blender
   at the 2006 VITTA Conference.
   You only have to look at the number of downloads of the Blender
   software on the Blender site to realise that it's quite a good
   software tool used not only in education but in industry as well.
   Year 8 upwards.
   Zach Alexakos
   Some export formats are shown below.
   Emacs!

Zach,

this pretty much flows in with my understanding of where Blender is at.

It seems that it's rate of increase in functionality and usability has far
outstripped that for proprietary products in recent years.

Having said that, I still find it too hard to use - my brain isn't what it
once was ;-)

Still, some of the visuals are simply stunning:

 http://www.blender.org/cms/Gallery.55.0.html

Well done in your efforts to make Blender known in the educational
community.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)