[Technical] Notebooks for New Staff - DET needs to help

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 24 11:55:59 EST 2006

At 11:28 AM 24/02/2006, you wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 10:12:23AM +1100, Clark, Ian C wrote:

> > Windows NT had no graphical interface when it was written as a server
> > operating system in C. Its creator Dave Cutler is the equivalent of say,
> > Linus Torvalds with Linux. Only grumpier

Sounds like my kind of guy.

>Cutler's work on VMS and Windows NT [*]
>[*] you can right shift the characters from VMS -> WNT ;-)

And that's about the only shift it made. As an old VAX herder I was
disappointed to find that the command set in NT was nowhere near as
useful as that in VMS. Even more so when I played with NT on an Alpha
box - I expected the command set to be VMS, since it was on a DEC machine.

I think I'm not busy enough today.

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia