[Technical] MS Windows 1.0.3

Clark, Ian C clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 12 16:33:13 EST 2006

----
From: tech-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:tech-bounces at edulists.com.au] On=
 Behalf Of Roland Gesthuizen

PS:=A0=A0=A0 I am curious if it can run under VMWare / VirtualPC and trackin=
g down the software to try this out.
----

Hi Roland,

I would think that there would have been almost no copies of Windows 1 impor=
ted into Australia ... certainly, I don't think you would have found one in=
 a school ... lots of rivals at the time, even on DOS PCs ...

In the States, you might pick a copy up on 5.25" floppy at a garage sale alo=
ngside other unloved objects such as the Ford Edsel and Pat Boone LPs ...  :=
-)

----
PSS: There is little truth to rumors that some of the code is still being us=
ed with Vista :-)
----

No, but there'll be a heap of even older VAX VMS code from the seventies!

Cheers,
Clarky

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education & Training.