[Technical] Sonasoft?

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Aug 2 10:51:45 EST 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 10:38:05AM +1000, Grant Frazer wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Has anyone out there heard of a product called Sonasoft
> (http://www.sonasoft.com <http://www.sonasoft.com/>  ) or anything
> similar to it?   We got a call from an Australian reseller about this
> product and it appears quite useful as a form of data protection.  I was
> wondering whether anyone has ever implemented a redundant data solution
> like this product at their school and how they have implemented it to
> protect their data. I would also be interested to know if the product
> they use actually works and whether they feel it was a sound investment.

I'm not normally in the habit of spruiking our own products, but if you
need data/document snapshotting and revisioning, so that you can recover
any version of any document, dating back months or years:

 http://www.cybersource.com.au/product/datasafe/

If you need server replication, so that if your primary server fails you
can fail-over to a new server, one possibly stored off-site for disaster
recover purposes, then try this:

 http://www.cybersource.com.au/product/replicator/

Both of these products ship as hardware appliances and can support
hundreds of users. Both cost under $2k, installed.

Hope this at least gives you an idea of what you should be able to get
for AU$2k.