[Technical] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

kevin at wonthaggisc.vic.edu.au kevin at wonthaggisc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 15 21:39:54 EST 2005

Quoting Kevork Krozian <Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au>:

> Hi Kevin,
>
>  Do you use NAL ( Netware Application Launcher ) for rolling out specific
> apps on a needs basis during normal workstation use, or use a fixed install
> (image) with no option of adding apps
> during normal usage ?

We use the NAL for CD ROMS and applications on the network, just have start menu
for applications installed locally. eg ms office, etc.
We are implementing a procedure where we can roll out new software with ZenWorks
and also fix missing files from the workstation to repair it.
But have been too busy to find time to work on it

BTW when does your tech run those 2 commands for the debuggers user group?  I
assume he has used ghost walker to set the worstation name and SID, but he could
only run those commands from the boot disk if your file system was not NTFS.
Does he restart in dos prompt and run them or are they pushed out via Zen on 1st
login?
We had success in either safe mode or dos prompt after ghost walker set the name
and SID to recreate the dbgr users group. Which was nice thank you!
Will try inserting commands in Zen on 1st login to see if it still works
Like to have minimal user intervention in reimaging wstns, ideally would like
not to reimage at all!
regards
Kevin