[Technical] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Kevin Feely feely.kevin.k at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jun 15 15:29:42 EST 2005

Hi Con

Con Zymaris wrote:

>Wow. Does this include migration of data?

These are only workstations, do not hold data only as  small a number of
applications as possible
As we try to buy same componentry we are able to have a small number of
"images" to dump to workstations via ghost, setting up a new workstation
does not take that long.
4 hours to test and update an image, then 2 hours to roll it out to the
50+ machines

>This 120 hours is per 50 machines per year? Per machine per year?

I  guess around 2 - 3 hours per machine per year, it is the flippin
teachers with their notebooks that drive us crazy.
Also printing and Internet charging, lost passwords, new initiatives,
student acceptable use etc etc.

regards
Kevin Feely
IT Support