[Technical] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Kevin Feely kevin at wonthaggisc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 15 13:06:02 EST 2005

Hi Con,
Deploying?  - well thats the trick!
We just bought 65 new machines and the deployment took 2 technicians
about 15 days, but this included relocating about 30 others to make way
- a domino effect sort of.
Also spread throughout 2 campuses - not just 25 in 2 adjacent rooms -
pods, offices, libraries, etc.
Plus notebook rollover and normal issues.
Also took 2 weeks to solve a vb.net problem which Kvork (I could kiss
you) had the answer for.

But once their in there and you have an image and maintenance routine
could be supported by your FT technician the extra workload i would
estimate (assume 3 year onsite warranty) around 2 to 4 hrs per week.
Approx 120 hours suppport for a year at $40 per hour = about $4800 ish
Depending on hostility of environment

regards
Kevin Feely