[Technical] VB Net and Novell

Kevin Feely kevin at wonthaggisc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 7 09:45:40 EST 2005

Hi All,
I have a problem, ok, ok, no i mean a computer problem
We are running winXP pro SP2 ws with Novell 6.0 and Zenworks 4 servers
Now at 1st vb net (part of a vs sudio.net pro install) did not want to
execute our written programs as the user was not a member of the win XP
debuggers user group, our policy sets them as power users.
So we added them into the debuggers users group to our dynamic student
policy.
And IT WORKED FINE but last week IT STOPPED. Ands it has not worked for
10 days now
Now i haved checked everything i can think of - the policy says they are
members of the debuggers user group but vb net reports a program cannot
run because they aren't?
i have even logged on as administrator and have full workstation rights
but it still will not execute a program - same error message not a
member of debuggers user group.
i have even logged on as workstation only - same result
aaarrrrggggghhhhh.
I have built a totally clean ws image and installed service pack 1 for
vs studio and  redone the policy.
No go each time it is the same "not a member of the debuggers user
group" BUT they ARE, and it was working!!??

Does anyone have any suggestions?

regards
Kevin Feely
WSC