[Technical] Proxy Group Policy dynamic removal

Grant Frazer gfrazer at fintona.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 1 12:31:19 EST 2005

Hi All,

We have laptops which log on to our network and are also used by the
staff members on their home network for broadband access.  We use Groups
Policy Objects under our Active Directory to set the proxy server and
exceptions for the staff members to be able to access the internet from
our network, is there a way of automatically removing the proxy GPO when
they log off so that when the staff members log onto their laptop at
home they won't have to remove the proxy settings in their browser so
that they can access their home network?  At this point we are not
considering the option of the staff member logging on to the local
computer as opposed to domain side of the laptop as this has proven to
be confusing for the staff.

Any help will be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Grant Frazer
Information and Communication Technologies Manager
Fintona Girls School
79 Balwyn Rd,
Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Ph +61 3 98301388
Fax. +61 3 98885682
<http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au>

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any
attachments.