[Technical] LiveLAMP

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Thu Aug 18 15:55:27 EST 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 03:43:50PM +1000, Clark, Ian C wrote:

> [...]

Nope. No Change. Keep in mind that Knoppix too, can, when needed, write to
(and even install to) the local disk ;-)

LiveLAMP needs to format and write to the local disk in order to
store all student data, code and any databases requires a hard disk. It
can support 1000 students concurrently, and thus needs to store quite a
few gig of data somewhere ;-)

So, any old spare 5 year old machine will do the trick. Simply use a PC
that you can easily re-image when you want to. Most sites would have a
spare machine which is too old to run XP etc.