[Technical] Interesting computers-in-education piece. Education & the ACCC

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 3 11:05:07 EST 2005

At 10:40 AM 3/08/2005, you wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 12:52:30PM +1000, Russell Curr wrote:
> > Hi Con,
> >
> > We tested linux desktops last year in one room but eventually went back
> > to WinXP due to some vocal complaints from staff - students did not seem
>
>Why not keep staff computers on XP and all the labs on Linux?

And while you're at it, make all the staff drive Holdens (so they are
all the same).

I'll bet that in reality they have no trouble adapting to a new car,
microwave etc. What makes new computers and software so difficult in
their minds?

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia