[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Just looking at some VASS Reports generated for the 2019 Systems Engineering Exam

Bell, Kenneth C bell.kenneth.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Dec 15 22:13:13 UTC 2019

Hello Systems Engineering Teachers

Just looking at some VASS Reports generated for the 2019 Systems Engineering Exam

Looking at State Mean for Systems Exam Question 4

4(a) (ii) 0.1 out of a maximum of 2
4(b) 0.1 out of a maximum of 6
4(c) 0.1 out of a maximum of 4
4(d) 0.1 out of a maximum of 4

(note: The marks in VASS are double the exam because of the double marking)

Let's face it ... It was a bloody shocker of a question.

Now eagerly awaiting the examiner's report next year...
Will the report admit that it was a shocker of a question that should not have been included in the exam.
Or will it write the usual tripe with something like "It was disappointing that students failed to grasp the concept of ...."

P.S:  If anybody has worked out the correct response to Question 4, please email me. I'm still struggling on this question.

Happy XMAS.

Ken Bell
Mortlake College