[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Small gears, sprockets, pulleys, chains

Brendan D'Arcy B.DArcy at kardinia.vic.edu.au
Tue Apr 10 15:52:47 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to find a good source for robotics/mechanical parts, such as gears, sprockets (metal, preferably), small chains and drive bands, etc.
My students wish to use these parts in their mechatronic projects but they can be either expensive or hard to find.

We have pulled some of these parts out of old unwanted equipment (VCR's etc) but we need to find a regular supplier.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Brendan D'Arcy
Senior Teacher | Head of Department (Electronics)
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CD1731.F9912DD0]
Kardinia International College
PO Box 17, Geelong, Victoria, 3220, Australia
Ph:  +61 3 52789999          Fax:   +61 3 52789529
I b.darcy at kardinia.vic.edu.au<mailto:b.darcy at kardinia.vic.edu.au> I Click to find KIC<http://www.kardinia.vic.edu.au/maps/gates.html> I www.kardinia.vic.edu.au