[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] SEAA conference

Judy Moore admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 6 10:04:21 EST 2011

Dear friends of SEAA,

Please check out the attached flier for the Social Educators Association of Australia 2012 Conference being held in January.

If you know of anyone who may be interested please pass it on.

It is a marvellous conference with 35 papers and workshops, great opportunities for learning and interaction, and  marvellous PD for teacher educators, teachers, education policy makers, NGO personnel, and all stakeholders in the future of Social education. The conference is tax deductible, and for teachers, a great way to receive a certificate recognising 24 hours of professional learning for VIT or other education authorities. Two or three day registration is available.

With the end of the naming of our field as 'SOSE' in curriculum, we really do need to debate the conference theme, 'Social Education at the Crossroads', as ACARA is recognising the importance of our field in new ways!

Personal and social learning, indigenous perspectives, education for sustainability, intercultural learning, ethics, human rights, civics and citizenship, politics, studies of Asia, and contemporary issues are key areas of the evolving Australian curriculum, along with the key disciplines of History and Geography.

There are workshops, keynotes, papers and provocation sessions covering all of these important elements of C21st learning for our young people.

So you are warmly invited to join us in Melbourne January 18-20.

REGISTER NOW go to www.seaa.org.au

Libby Tudball
President SEAA