[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Systems software

Judy Moore admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Mon Jun 2 09:47:55 EST 2008

I've ben using a free software package from Festo called "fluidsim" to show how pneumatic circuits work. It also has an electrical component as well as being able to put your own logic symbols in a chip and build circuits. There is also a logic ladder section to create timer circuits etc. The down side is the free version is only active for 2 hours before it shuts down and you can't save anything but I've used it in the classroom and it lets the students see how the valves work etc. Also on the web site they have video footage of the aquajelly and the airjelly, which is part of their "bionic learning". If you are lucky enough to get to the DATTA Conference they should have some DVD's of their Bionic learning that goes for approx. 9 mins. that is excellent footage. I'm looking at purchasing some of their MecLab work stations.

I hope this information is usefull to you.

Paul Barton

Systems Engineering

Dromana Secondary College

Judy Moore