[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Scorpio kits

Raymond Smith raymonds at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 11 15:30:26 EST 2007

Robert,

I use kits very rarely (only for one off projects and ideas).  Have always
built the complete model from PCB right through.  Most of those Scorpio kits
are avaialble copyright free from other sources.  I can build 10  for the
price of 1, by having the kids produce the circuit board themselves.  It's
all part of the process.  Buy parts in bulk at trade prices, and everything
is there.  No missing parts etc.

The evalaution is always much better when students have to build from
scratch.  To be honest, I can't see how you can afford to buy kits.  The
cost is prohibitive.

Ray S.