[Year 12 SofDev] How algorithms make important government decisions — and how that affects you

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Jul 21 14:39:24 AEST 2017

*Australian law explicitly allows computers to make important decisions
previously made by the ministers or staff of at least 11 federal government
departments.*

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-21/algorithms-can-make-decisions-on-behalf-of-federal-ministers/8704858

Hmmm. Would I rather have a politician or an algorithm running the
country... ?

Senator Deep Blue: *I have an SQL query for Prime Minister Watson.*
PM Watson: *You 32-bit buffoon. /dev/null*

Yep. I'll take the algorithms every time.

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com