[Year 12 SofDev] ✈exciting day - from your Administrator

Fatima Nazar fnazar at salesian.vic.edu.au
Mon Jul 3 10:30:40 AEST 2017

edulist is valuable to all of us - please let us know how we can contribute towards keeping it alive :)

Fnazar

On 03-Jul-2017, at 10:20 AM, Adrian Janson <janson.adrian.a at gmail.com<mailto:janson.adrian.a at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Kevork,

Do you receive funding from DLTV?

Cheers,
Adrian

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Robert Hind <robert at yinnar.com<mailto:robert at yinnar.com>> wrote:
Hi Kevork

I had assumed that, as the address for bpfitz was also the address for Brett Fitzsimmons [bpfitz at netspace.net.au<mailto:bpfitz at netspace.net.au>], perhaps Brett had a virus of some sort and he could/would perhaps fix it. But his response to an earlier similar email was "No idea, should it have gone to the Algorithmics mail group!". I certainly see your problem.

Re the loss of funding, I had no idea that Edulists had lost all funding. I once kept a community website up and running with no other support, but finally dropped it after I moved away from the area, so I have some small idea of the time and effort required even though my financial input was limited to paying for domain name and web hosting.

This is a most valuable resource for teachers and it would be sad to see it go.

Perhaps we could all chip in, if only on a voluntary basis - like Wikipedia.

Robert Hind
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood
Retired