[Year 12 SofDev] Review of the year and the new study design

Chris MCDONALD MCDONALD.Chris at BSSC.EDU.AU
Thu Nov 17 13:26:12 AEDT 2016

Hi all

Just sitting down to have a serious look at the year and improve my course.
A sort out  and rewrite of things that did not go as well as I thought.
Keep the good stuff and rewrite the rest.
Thanks to the active members on the list. You have made my life easy or rather easier.

My major concern is the nature of the SAT with a large class of students.
This will be the main food for thought before we start next year.

Basically : The quality of the problem and the client determines the overall performance on the SAT.
Students who are able to generate good problems based on approachable clients have an extreme advantage over students who lack the confidence or initial knowledge to find a client.
The less able student will often generate an unworkable problem or simplify make up a client ( as I found out too late to do much about it)
>From this starting point the student is prevented from scoring highly on most of the 8 criteria.
So on reflection I will be looking at

1.       Develop the awareness of what is required in the SAT before the new school year. Step up next week

2.       Develop clear expectations as to what is required in a quality problem (Searching Sorting etc.)

3.       Development of practice scenarios in the creation of a suitable SAT topic.

4.       Refusing students to progress further with unsuitable topics.

regards

Chris McDonald
VET ( Information Digital Media and Technology) Teacher
Software Development Teacher
Health and Safety Representative

Bendigo Senior Secondary College

PO Box 545, Bendigo, VIC 3552, Australia
Phone 61 3 5443 1222

Email mcdonald.chris at bssc.edu.au<mailto:mcdonald.chris at bssc.edu.au>
Cisco
Provider Code: 00861K

Visit our website ><http://www.bssc.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950]<http://www.facebook.com/BendigoSeniorSC> [cid:image002.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950] <http://www.twitter.com/BendigoSeniorSC>  [cid:image003.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950] <https://www.instagram.com/BendigoSeniorSC/>  [cid:image004.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950] <https://plus.google.com/113378057780081537784>  [cid:image005.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950] <http://www.youtube.com/user/BendigoSeniorSC>  [cid:image006.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950] <http://au.linkedin.com/company/bendigo-senior-secondary-college>

[cid:image007.png at 01D1E74B.439EA950]<http://www.bssc.edu.au/>

Our ROLE is to empower learners for individual, community and global leadership.
We value Respect, Optimism, Learning and Environment.