[Year 12 SofDev] SD exam - C1b - milestone

YUAN Mel yuanm at bmg.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 17 09:34:14 AEDT 2016

Hi,

If I was inventing milestones I would choose the start or end of significant tasks or phases. I don’t think I can back this up out of the study guide tho’.

Milestone: End of Analysis Phase
Dependent on: 100% complete all analysis activities including, but not limited to, completing the SRS

On a massive project just finishing the SRS would probably be a thing but on a smaller project I’d stick with phases. I would also suggest to make sure you don’t make a task that has effort (duration)  a milestone, word the milestone so that it includes the words “start” or “end” and have a separate task that includes the actual task with effort estimate.

Cheers, Mel

[cid:bmglogo15_b9c6b1de-c107-4ad3-a724-e0131d357731.png]

Mel Yuan

Bacchus Marsh Grammar
T. 03 5366 4800  F. 03 5366 4850
E. yuanm at bmg.vic.edu.au  W. http://www.bmg.vic.edu.au
South Maddingley Road | PO Box 214 | Bacchus Marsh Victoria 3340