[Year 12 SofDev] It is safe to comment on the SD exam.

Esther ANDREWS ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Thu Nov 10 15:59:05 AEDT 2016

They were tricky questions.

Q6: I believe it implies that the original system had been replaced which suggests it is an archive. A backup would imply that the original files still existed on the computer.

Q13: I agree. The phone is still mobile but is not a client (thick OR thin) - it is stand alone.

Esther Andrews | Admin Systems Developer, IT and Maths Teacher
Bendigo Senior Secondary College
Box 545 | BENDIGO | Victoria  3552   Australia
B +61 3 5443 1222 | F  +61 3 5441 4548
andrews.esther at bssc.edu.au<mailto:andrews.esther at bssc.edu.au>
www.bssc.edu.au<https://mail.bssc.edu.au/OWA/redir.aspx?C=a72c4d4a10f746eea69b0ae04394b999&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bssc.edu.au%2f>
Our ROLE is to empower learners for individual, community and global leadership. We value Respect, Optimism, Learning and Environment.

________________________________
From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au <sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au> on behalf of Darren Scott <dscott at ccb.vic.edu.au>
Sent: 10 November 2016 15:43
To: Year 12 Software Development Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Year 12 SofDev] It is safe to comment on the SD exam.

Time to justify decisions with well-mannered discussion and semi-informed interpretation? I’m happy to be wrong on these by the way.

Q6: I chose archiving over backup mostly because of the “OperatingSystem.old” name … I’d call it backup if it was saving current data in case something goes wrong, archive for moving old data into a storage location that wouldn’t be accessed as part of the current system. It’s copying the files rather than moving them which does lean toward backup though, as well as the other reasons posted  … I’m happy to let someone smarter than me tell me what’s right.

Q13: I chose mobile as even without the internet connection, it’s still a handheld device – stuff like screen size and input methods (touch, keyboard, mouse) don’t change. Again, happy to let someone smarter than me tell me what’s right.

Darren