[Year 12 SofDev] Marking guide for Cr 4 Project Plan

Philip Feain feainp at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Wed May 4 18:32:46 AEST 2016

Dear All

I have just completed marking my students' project plans. My students all
decided to use MS Project to complete the task. For submission I asked for
it in two forms, electronically to our LMS (I can back this up) and as a
print out. For the print out I had students cut up and glue/tape pages to
create a large poster-like document. The reasons for the print out were two
fold. Firstly for ease of marking. At a glance I can clearly see the way it
is put together and what it includes. I can then mark this against the
rubric. Secondly, the students will get this back and they are able to
annotate this as they progress through their project towards completing
Criterion 8.

I have also included my marking guide which is a modified version of the
rubric from the Administrative information. I have added check boxes under
each of the areas: Gantt chart details, PSM stages and activities, as well
as overall accuracy, etc. The way I marked this was to check off the boxes
against what I was seeing in the project plan and then make a judgement
when it was between two or three descriptors. So a student may have scored
7 after having checks in each checkbox under Descriptor 7-8 for preparing
the Gantt chart and stages of the PSM/activities, but their were some
errors in the plan, therefore checking the check boxes in Descriptor for
5-6. This means it wasn't perfect enough for an 8, but it is too good for a
6. Therefore a score of 7 was chosen. I also wrote notes of my observations
while marking against my SAT checklist.

It is important to note that these check boxes are not weighted. None of
the three sections in each descriptor is weighted. So you can't say that
you would have the Gantt charts worth 6 marks, documenting the
stages/activities as 2 or the overall accuracy, etc as 2. If it meets
everything in one descriptor then it gets the marks for that descriptor. If
it is spread across descriptors then you have to make the judgement call. I
must say following the sheet I used made it a lot easier.

Please find the sheet attached and feel free to use it for your marking.

Regards

Phil Feain.

--
This email message does not represent the view of St Kevins College, is
intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be