[Year 12 SofDev] Digital Technologies

Grieve, Carlin C grieve.carlin.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Mar 20 21:21:37 AEDT 2016

Hi Chris,

Our timetable setup – 4 Periods/day, Fortnightly Timetable
Yr 7 – Pure IT - 4 periods/fortnight – 1 Semester
Yr 8 – Combo with Materials Class – 4 periods/fortnight – 1 semester
Yr 9 – Pure IT – 4 Periods/Fortnight – 1 Semester
Yr 10 – Pure IT – 3 Periods/Fortnight – 1 Semester

Historically IT has been general capabilities – powerpoint, word, etc. we are transitioning to DigiTech this year.

Computational Thinking & Coding combined to create a direct relationship with VCE IT. Other areas of the curriculum we are still planning for Semester2 adoption.
Year 7
mBot (Scratch Coding environment – can see the Arduino code as it compiles. Great area for differentiation. – Start with Code.org tutorials (PlantsVs.Zombies/StarWars/etc))

Year 8
Design Focus.
Implementation with Laser Cutter. Possible extension to mBot after 2017 (Due to $$$).
Possible early implementation of Intel Genuino.

Year 9
Currently GameMaker – Planning to replace with alternative. That suits coding flow (As stated in Yr10)
New Elective in 2016 – Digital Communication (Focus on Photoshop, etc)

Year 10
Intel Genuino 101 – With Grove Starter Kit.
Design Project.
(Possibility for IoT if a student design requires it)
Elective – Unity3D – Amazing program and resources – Full curricular Framework is available. (I have also mapped this to the VicCurric and submitted for their document to be updated)
New Elective – 3D Printing & Programming – Extension of Yr10 Course.

Apologies for the lack of formatting, rush job, etc. But email me if you have any questions ☺

Kind Regards,

[cid:image002.png at 01D182EE.775065C0]

Carlin Grieve
Learning Technologies Leading Teacher