[Year 12 SofDev] Evaluation Report Template

Philip Feain feainp at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 16 09:43:30 AEST 2016

Hi Ben

I like the idea of a template for a report. I have struggled with my
students in this area this year to get the level of detail required and all
content included.

One change I would make would be to get one heading for each descriptor to
ensure everything is included there and put what you want as statements
into point form. I have found sentences and paragraphs ensure students
don't read it and therefore miss content.

Here's what I have suggested to my students and they are submitting
tomorrow.

Written report (in significant detail) including:

   1. Testing table - Thorough testing with expected and actual output.
   Show what's working and what's not.
   2. Preparation and conduct of useability test - Discuss how you prepared
   and conducted your survey for testing. Discuss how you conducted your test.
   Discuss your users. Discuss how your surveys met the user's requirements.
   3. Results of useability testing - Discuss the results of the
   surveys/tests. Include evidence in the appendices. Discuss what the results
   tell you.
   4. Modifications to software solution - Discuss the necessary
   modifications you will need to make to your solution as a result of your
   useability testing.
   5. Strategies for meeting evaluation criteria - Propose strategies for
   evaluating your software solution against the evaluation criteria. How is
   it efficient and effective? Refer to the Glossary in the Study Design.
   6. Software solution meets requirements - Explain how your solution
   meets functional and non-functional requirements. How is it efficient and
   effective?

Again I asked them to submit a copy of the Criterion 7 rubric with their
submission and tick off where they believe they will meet each descriptor.
I also got them to write down their estimate of a score they believe they
will get for each descriptor.

When they submitted Criteria 5 and 6 I sat down with each student to run
the program. This enabled me to see what worked and what didn't and ask
questions as well as take notes. It aided in the marking. Time consuming
but worthwhile.

Regards

Phil.

Phil Feain

*Head of eLearning*
*Head of Information Technology*
*St. Kevin's College*

--
This email message does not represent the view of St Kevins College, is
intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be