[Year 12 SofDev] Study design question - stacks/queues and serial/random access

Mark mark at vceit.com
Tue Aug 2 12:22:58 AEST 2016

You're right, Natalie. It seems the question is quite naughty in referring
to specific theory that is not in the KK.

The closest KK I could find is "formatting and structural characteristics
of input and output, including XML file formats", but even that does not
justify specifically examining serial/random knowledge - only XML.

I would not assume that stacks or queues or flowcharts or anything that is
not in the study design should be specifically taught.
Once one embarks down that slippery slope, you'd still be teaching unto the
crack of doom and have no time left for the stuff that *is* in the design.

If a real VCAA exam had a question like the serial/random one, you could
bet there would be a Royal Commission into it.

Stick to what's in the study design and you can't go far wrong.

And your post reminds me - I was going to write some sample answers for the
sample SD questions. I must get onto that...

Mark