[Year 12 SofDev] Project management concepts and processes?

Vella, James jvella at mackillop.vic.edu.au
Fri Apr 22 12:10:38 AEST 2016

Darren, you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

For me, the concept of milestones and dependencies is all about what they are and how they impact on the construction of a project plan (specifically a Gantt Chart). Whereas processes are what needs to be done in relation to constructing a project plan (again specifically a Gantt Chart). Think about that without a knowledge of milestones, but more specifically dependencies, sequencing of tasks would be difficult and problematic.

Hope that helps Robert.

JV

James Vella
Digital Technologies Learning Area Leader eLearning Leader
MacKillop College
Russell Street Werribee VIC 3030

T:  +61387345200
F:  +61387345261

http://www.mackillop.vic.edu.au

Please consider the environment before printing.-----Original Message-----
Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Project management concepts and processes?

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 01:58:25 +0000
From: Darren Scott <dscott at ccb.vic.edu.au>

Guessing concepts are specifically things to ?know? (indicate the milestones, identify dependencies) and processes are things to ?do? (allocate times to tasks, etc.)? I assume it?s the whole noun/verb thing but I could be wrong.

Darren Scott