[Year 12 SofDev] Plea for help

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Apr 16 07:19:19 AEST 2016

Dear colleagues

On behalf of Jenny Gielb I am posting this message.

Hi everyone,
I was hoping someone may be interested in taking over my Software Development class for the rest of this semester. A situation has cropped up where I need to go to hospital very soon. There is also a Year 11 Computing class as well.

The classes are at Chisholm Institute of TAFE, Dandenong campus.

The Year 12 class is on Wednesday mornings for 4 hours. The Year 11 class is on Thursday mornings for 3.5 hours. Both start at 8.30. I know that seems a lot in one go, but I usually break the class up into theory, break, then prac.
As it is a TAFE, it is an adult learning environment, so there are no issues with uniforms, and no yard duty or extra responsibilities. Also the pay is pretty good.

The Year 12 class has 20 students and the Year 11 class has 15.

The Year 12 students used Visual Basic for their first SAC, and have nearly all decided on their SAT topic. So far the topics are generally games, some app development, and a few websites (with Javascript). A lot of the students are quite focussed and know exactly what they are doing for their SAT, but there a few that need a bit of guidance (or maybe a lot of guidance!).

If you are interested please email me directly at my Chisholm address.
Thanks

Jenny Gielb
VCE Teacher
Chisholm Institute of TAFE