[Year 12 SofDev] SD text 2016

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:23:23 AEST 2015

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone that emailed me asking to be put on the list for the
first (rough) draft. Just to get you all updated (a few of you have emailed
me off list as I know that book-lists are starting to be put together.... -
just quietly - can you believe that it's that time already!!??)

I have been working hard on the text and at times getting distracted with
other things (teaching! ha!!) but I continuing to plug away on it. I am
behind where I wanted to be, but am conscious of getting it done so that I
can get a draft to you. I am also conscious of making sure I can get it
printed and shipped on time.

At this stage I am aiming for it to be available late-November. I will try
my best to meet this. The title will be "Software Development: Core
Techniques and Principles 3rd Edition". As of yet I do not have an ISBN or
a price. I anticipate that it will be roughly the price that it was last
time, though this may change a little depending on what the printers come
back with (gulp!). There is very little margin in such a small subject -
but I am determined to still go high quality print and full colour from
front to back, as I really do think that makes a big difference to the
whole experience.

On another note, I have been working on an interactive practice exam system
- and will be putting out a practice exam soon for this year's course as a
bit of a trial run of the system.

More new coming!

Cheers,
Adrian Janson