[Year 12 SofDev] python UI

Guy Flaherty Guy.Flaherty at xavier.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 5 13:10:56 AEST 2015

Hmm, I am not sure why really. All of those points can be satisfied in Javascript. The only one that comes close to being difficult is the first one. However, this would make PHP (and probably some of the others) similarly difficult to use too if you said you can’t create a GUI in Javascript. I doubt many people are using php-gtk to create their PHP GUI’s?!

Considering that you can now run almost the entire stack for an application in pure Javascript, I am not sure why it wouldn’t be considered for use in SD.

If approved languages have to be object oriented then that is just ridiculous. Functional programming requires just as much skill, knowledge and creativity as OO programming.

I don’t even like Javascript, but not including it as a capable programming language is just wrong.

Guy