[Year 12 SofDev] [Year 12 IT Apps] Draft study design feedback

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Mon Apr 14 11:52:46 EST 2014

It is nice to have a fresh set of eyes read the document

When you read the  Computing: Informatics  units of the Study remember the purpose of the whole study is to promote learning. Anyone can learn bits about any application but the old IPM and ITA did not step far beyond that.

CI  does more.

Here is a great opportunity for some people to produce teaching resources for those teachers who are afraid of databases.
And a great opportunity to move away from MicroSloth (Hat-tip to Mike Brookes) if one wants to work with good databases.

I hope everyone reads it all carefully especially the new SAT which will make authentication clearer as most students will work with different data-sets in CI and with a different user interface in software Development.

I like  CI  as a name.

Imagine how good it will be to challenge students to think and then reflect on their thinking rather than just doing something simple with a piece of software and then another piece of software and then another piece of software. SAC after SAC after SAC

Exciting times ahead

Andrew

Andrew Shortell
CRC Melton