[Year 12 SofDev] Evaluation

Esther Andrews ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Fri Aug 30 09:58:37 EST 2013

I always find System Evaluation difficult to teach in a specific way without being too dry. I'd love to hear any others' suggestions.

Anyhow, here's one idea from me.
Our favourite example of failed systems - the Ultranet - was subject to an Auditor's Report which was published last December.
http://www.audit.vic.gov.au/publications/2012-13/20121212-Learning-Tech/20121212-Learning-Tech.pdf
I take "Audit" as equivalent to "Evaluation".
The document is wordy but it is full of useful little snippets (and graphs and tables).
On page 5 is a list of Key Performance Indicators and on p29  "Functionality: promised versus actually delivered"
It also discusses the training and says that the coaches (trainers) were deployed two years too early (p26)

Another section looks at the performance of VicSmart which ties in nicely with the networking aspect of Outcome 2.

Regards,
Esther.