[Year 12 SofDev] Text Files in VB.NET

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Apr 26 19:02:33 EST 2012

Regardless of language, there are universal basic concepts in programming,
like arrays, loops, logic, variables, GUI controls. They are what the exam
will address.

It's a bit like the exam will be in pseudocode that can be interpreted by
kids into whatever language they studied.

On 26 April 2012 18:21, Kent Beveridge <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  My  guys are just looking at arrays etc presently,  but we also
> considered the stream reader class in VB.Net. Will look at that next
> session with them.
> We will also investigate considering files as arrays and look at that too
> as there is lots of ways to use arrays as well.
> I am wondering though, if we all do different languages, about the wording
> and context of exam questions in terms of focus on a language or a "concept
> of data handling"?
> Good question though....
> Kent.
> Sent from KB's iPAD.
>
> On 26/04/2012, at 4:06 PM, "Poultney, Gordon A" <
> Poultney.Gordon.A at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>
>    try this intro template Ben
>
> cheers
>              Gordon

> **Gordon Poultney**
> **Horsham College**

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au (don't use my Edumail account!)

An E-flat, a C, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but
I can't serve minors."